Our Tandem hub applies the incomparable durability and strength of our classic hub design to a model specifically developed to handle the power of two riders. Available in 140mm, 145mm, or 160mm axle widths and utilizing our patented RingDrive™ system, tested to handle over 1085nm of force, our Tandem hub is made to easily take the abuse of two riders. This fully serviceable design creates a rear hub with the performance and durability that is a hallmark of every Chris King component.
For tandem riders who need the strongest rear wheel possible we offer the High Flange variant, increasing spoke bracing angle and shortening the spokes.
Third we have the Disc variant, harnessing the increased braking power and reliability of discs while built around our Universal Disc adapter to remain flexible to the myriad of spacing options on tandem bikes.
Our bearings, available in steel and ceramic, have heat-treated, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings is what sets us apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all our hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
The patented Chris King RingDrive with 72-points of simultaneous-engagement will get your power to the ground fast, provide unmatched engagement, and give you that legendary Chris King angry-bee sound.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- 5-year built-to-last warranty
- Patented RingDrive™ system with 72 simultaneously interfaced points of contact for unfailing hub engagement
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with our Chris King Hub Service Tool
- Available in 9 beautifully anodized colors
- Available in 140mm, 145mm or 160mm axle widths