Classic Rear Archive
This is where the Chris King RingDrive was born. Unsatisfied with rear hub offerings on the market Chris set out to build a better system. Chris ditched the traditional freehub body and pawls to invent the patented RingDrive™ moving the drive mechanism into the hub shell allowing it to be larger and have more contact surface than any other hub on the market. We built the Classic High Flange (HF) variant for riders who require the extra stiffness and strength of high hub flanges, shortening the spoke length and increasing the bracing angle. For those that prefer low weight we have the Low Flange (LF) variant.
Our bearings, available in steel and ceramic, have heat-treated, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings is what sets us apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all our hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
The patented Chris King RingDrive with 72-points of simultaneous-engagement will get your power to the ground fast, provide unmatched engagement, and give you that legendary Chris King angry-bee sound.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- 5-year built-to-last warranty
- Patented RingDrive™ system with 72 simultaneously interfaced points of contact for unrivaled hub engagement
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with our Chris King Hub Service Tool
- Available in 9 beautifully anodized colors
- Available in 130mm and 135mm axle options
- 10-speed Shimano®/SRAM® compatible only