Job Title: Wheel Builder
Job Type: Full time
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 hr shift
Pay Range: $17 – $18 per hour
Chris King Precision Components is a U.S. manufacturer of the finest bicycle components in the world. We are a socially and environmentally minded company and take pride in each and every part that gets made under one roof right here in Portland, Oregon.
These are the 2 things we look for in applicants when recruiting for the wheels department:
- Kindness. Someone we wouldn't mind working next to for 40 hours. People who are kind and willing to help those around them.
- Proven ability to learn. This can be a hobby or something professional. We love working with passionate people who enjoy striving for excellence.
The primary role of this position is to build wheels and support the department in tasks related to building and shipping wheels while ensuring our company’s high quality standards are exceeded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consistent Component Preparation – spoke hubs, lace, cut spokes and spoke calculation.
· Operation of wheel lacing and truing machines.
· Hand lace and build wheels in a production setting.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Visually inspect component parts and finished goods for high quality standard tolerances.
· Efficient use of time to meet daily output goals and deadlines.
· Excellent and effective communication skills to ensure smooth operations of the department.
· Assist in associated departmental duties such as receiving, pulling parts, building boxes and packaging.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Possess excellent mechanical aptitude
Demonstrate the understanding of basic wheel building is nice to have.
High level of work ethic in an at times unsupervised environment.
1-2 years of bike mechanic experience including wheel truing and building is nice to have.
It is the policy of King Cycle Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
We do require a drug screen within 30 days after your first day working.
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off