Whether paved or not, no road or wind will slow your roll. The ENVE 4.5 AR Disc laced to Chris King R45D hubs, with our ultra-smooth bearings and lightweight hubshells, is an uncompromising aero design specifically built for modern road disc bikes with larger tire clearance. This is an all around performance wheelset, with an emphasis on speed.
The ENVE 4.5 AR Disc is built optimized for 30mm tires, to provide greater stability and packing a serious aerodynamic edge. These rims are tubeless ready for an even more supple ride. To keep their rims ultralight ENVE uses molded rather than drilled spoke holes, a patented design that makes their wheels lighter and stronger at the same time. ENVE 4.5 AR Disc are made in Ogden, Utah and backed by a five-year warranty.
The R45 is the culmination of over 30 years of bearing experience and more than 20 years of hub building experience. Our R45 rear hub combines a redesigned RingDrive™ system with 45 teeth for lower drag and near instant engagement, a lightweight hub body, and our legendary made-in-house bearings.
Our bearings, available in steel and ceramic, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings are what sets us apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all our hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
The patented Chris King RingDrive with 45-points of simultaneous engagement will get your power to the ground fast, provide unmatched engagement, and give you that legendary Chris King angry-bee sound.
- Built in-house with legendary Chris King precision
- Chris King R45D 24 hole front hub for QR and 12mm applications (ISO front hub will be used for 15mm applications)
- Chris King R45D 24 hole rear hub
- Centerlock Lock ring sold separately and required for installation
- ENVE 4.5 AR disc carbon clincher rims engineered by F1 designer Simon Smart for speed and responsiveness
- Four ENVE valve extenders and ENVE rim strips are included with this wheelset
- ENVE color matched wheel decal kits available for additional purchase separately
- Chris King-backed 5-year warranty on our hubs
- Chris King-backed 5-year crash replacement policy
- ENVE-backed 5-year warranty on rims
Hub Configuration: 24/24 R45D
HUB Options: Shimano, XDR, QR/12/15 and 142x12
Front Wheel Weight (g): 729
Rear Wheel Weight (g): 854
Total Wheel Weight (g): 1583
FREE GROUND SHIPPING. Usually ships in 48-hours to 5 business days. International customers, you will be responsible for shipping, VAT, duties and customs charged within your country.